CBOO has its multi utility building in Mangalore called CBOO CENTRE. It was built to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of CBOO (1973-98) and was inaugurated on 26th January 2000.
The name for the building was one out of the suggestions from members. The name of ‘CBOO CENTRE’ was suggested by Sri K P Manjunath.
Built on an area of 20 cents (0.20 acre), CBOO Centre has 3 floors and a parking area.
- The ground floor houses 2 guest rooms and a care-taker’s room.
- There is a Seminar Hall in the first floor which can accommodate about 70 persons. Committee meetings, classes, training programmes etc. are held in the Seminar Hall. It has an area of about 970 Sq.Ft. (40.6' x 24') – fully air-conditioned.
- There is another hall with an area of 1240 sq.ft. (46 ft x 27 ft) in the same floor which is kept as office space.
- There are 3 fully furnished guest rooms with air-conditioner, television and attached bath rooms and also a dormitory which can accommodate 12 people. These rooms/accommodation are available for members at nominal charges. For booking of accommodation a member should give a request in the prescribed form. The format of request is given in the section titled
- The second floor of CBOO Centre contains the Silver Jubilee Hall – a fully air-conditioned hall - suitable for functions like marriages, reception, meetings,cultural programmes, seminars, symposia and lectures etc. With an area of 2150 sq.ft. it has a stage of 490 sq.ft. [30 x 16]. There are two fully furnished rooms adjoining the stage for use as green rooms. There is a balcony of 730 sq.ft..in the third floor. The hall and mezzanine together have a seating capacity of 550. The Center has a generator and a lift.
Many meetings of CBOO and AIBOC are held here.
The Seminar Hall and Silver Jubilee Hall are rented out for programmes to the public so as to recover the recurring expenses.The maintenance, upkeep and repairs are taken care of one central office-bearer in Mangaluru as Secretary. Presently, K B Prasada, is the Secretary.
The address of CBOO Centre is as follows:
Kodialbail, Mangaluru– 575001
Care Takers at CBOO Centre:
1. K VishwanathNayak
2. Smt. Asha